Tuesday 23 September 2014

23rd September 2014. Makindye Maternity Home

I met midwife Ruth today who has been qualified for over 40 years and runs her maternity home from a building in her garden. As well as being a midwife and mother she also keeps pigs and hundreds of chickens. I have a feeling that my lunch was pork.
It was really home from home at the clinic, everyone got a warm welcome as they arrived and the care was delivered with kindness and respect.




This afternoon Ruth got together with another local midwife to do some training. We have done a mini skill drill day. Resuscitation of the newborn, Shoulder dystocia, PPH. We had lots of fun and I think they learnt something.

I have learnt lots about contraception and how to pray. Very important on your own as a midwife out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment